Thursday, October 6, 2011

Today was my last day of occupational therapy at least for a while. I will miss working with Darlene but it means I am making progress and so I look at it like I graduated and passed a class. I had physical therapy and will continue with that twice a week. Speech will be once a week and continued counseling will be once a week. My BP was high today and I'm not sure why Darlene decided to take it but she did and it started high but not extremely high. Then Horace my physical therapist took my BP and it was 190/120. Very high but I had just walked so we waited a bit and took it again. It had come down to 188/88. I called my doctor and they felt I needed to be seen so they got me back and my BP was 150/96 so it had gone back up and my doctor suggested uping my BP dosage and gave me some samples. So, I was excited because I really thought he was going to put me in the hospital but he didn't. On my way out, I dropped the bag of samples with the prescription and tried to reach over to pick it up. I was in the parking lot which is paved. Well, of course I fell. I don't really remember very much but they got me back in and I had a hard time moving my neck but they basically just left me alone and I calmed down. I was tremoring pretty bad but obviously I could not drive. So, my mom and her husband came and got me and brought me home. The tremors combined with the fall really took it out of me and I was exhausted. I went to bed and was awoke to the most beautiful little voice. I had to fight to wake up but I wanted to see my girls so I did. I was not aware of the time but Emily was giving baths and getting some hot dogs ready for the girls. I was very sore and in a lot of pain but at least I did get to see the girls. I just don't understand why I continue to fall but it is just there and I have to deal with it.
Not much else to tell. I am having a few chest pains tonight but I think that is from the fall. I don't plan to really do anything tonight except to relax and try to take it easy. My left leg is in the usual pain but due to the fall the right side is in pain as well. Sometimes all you can do is laugh.
Well, tomorrow is homecoming at our high school and I hope our team does well. I won't go but will follow via text from Emily.
So, life moves on and I appreciate all the continued prayers.
Cottia's tooth is almost out and we even tried to get it to come out tonight but without success but it won't be long. Of course Eva says she has a tooth ready to come out too so that just shows how normal life can be even in the midst of the storm.
I wish everyone who reads this a wonderful evening and may God richly bless you.

No comments:

Post a Comment