Tuesday, October 25, 2011

Today has certainly not been my day. I got the girls up but they did not want to get up. Well, actually Cottia did not want to get up. So, we were running behind a bit and I don't like to take showers without someone here in the house just in case. I hated that Emily had to take both girls this morning but I had rehab to get to so I took my shower. Well, this was the first time that I actually fell while in the shower. I landed on the floor and hit my right hand on the toilet. I think I may have chipped a bone or even broken it but it is not swollen too bad and the pain is barable. I landed on my left side and had to sit there for a while to compose myself. I yelled for help but they were already gone. It was the most helpless feeling I have ever had in my life but I knew I could not just lay there naked and alone. So, I was able to get myself up on the toilet. The shower chair was broken and I had torn down the shower curtain but I managed to dry myself off and get dressed. Originally, I felt numb more than pain but eventually pain settled in. So, I took my medicine but decided to go ahead with rehab because it is just too important. Ironically enough my speech session went very well. I was calm and composed and I took things slow which really makes a big difference. Physical therapy just took things slow but it also went well and we worked on ankle strength and leg strength. Then, I had to stop by walmart for something for Cottia and then get my prescription refilled. I am now home and my pain meds are taking affect so I will soon be out. But, I think I have learned never to go into the shower without my phone. The rehab hospital said they will help with getting me a new chair so that is good. Right now, I just want to rest.
On some brighter notes Eva got to go to a farm today with maw maw and I can't wait to hear about how much fun she had. Cottia and Eva are going to my mom's for the afternoon and then my mom will bring them home because Emily has to get her allergy shot and I will probably be knocked out. Such is my life. Well, I may blog more later but for now that is about it. The right thumb is the most painful place I have but I expect I'll be sore in the morning.
I wish God's richest blessings on you all and ask that we get some answers when we go to Charleston. Still no date on when that will be but I am ready to go and hope for the best. Have a great afternoon and again God bless you all.
t

No comments:

Post a Comment