Tuesday, March 27, 2012

We are back from Charleston and I must say I really do feel good about the direction I am heading. It was also nice to go down with Emily last night and spend the night just her and I. We both met with the doctor which was very important because Emily remembers things that I don't and I get confused so easily and she has a way of wording things that helps me to understand. The one thing the doctor said was that we are already ahead of the game because we have accepted the diagnosis and she can see how much I want to get better. The way it will work is My doctor will coordinate care with psychiatry and the neurology department for the best treatment for me. I don't go back until April 17th because of her patient load but after that it will be every other week. She does not want me to drive myself for the first few sessions. So, I will have to have someone take me but eventually they do think I will be able to drive myself down there. She also said that she thinks I may be having some panic attacks but we will address that as we go through treatment. My speech was not good at all today but I think that was because I didn't know what to expect. I also had a lot of PVC's during the session but I think it is due to the realization that I will have to address a lot of things that maybe I didn't want to address. But, one thing she said is that we are really going to have to address a lot of very difficult issues and it will be tough but in order for me to get better we have to do this.

One thing I am glad about is that I will continue to meet with my counselor in Lexington. The way it will work is the week I go to Charleston I will not meet with my counselor here but the week I don't go I will meet with her. This is important to me because of the relationship we have developed and the doctor in Charleston felt that was very important and due to the fact that I have made progress that justifies me continuing with the counselor here.

It was a shame we could not stay in Charleston longer than we did because the weather was so nice. It was just a beautiful day. But, Emily and I ate lunch and then came home. I was emotionally drained and tired so I took a nap while she went and got the girls. It was great to wake up from my nap to those two beautiful faces smiling at me. I am currently rocking Cottia as she winds down to get ready for bed.

Cottia is already looking forward to her next softball game on Saturday. We will see if we get another homerun. Weather she hits one or not does not matter as long as she has fun.

Well, that is about it. I pray God's blessings on you all and that his grace will pour out on you.

t

No comments:

Post a Comment