Saturday, January 7, 2012

Well, it's been a while since I've blogged. But, I felt the need to do so today. First for the bad news. This week I have fallen 4 times. I have a sprained left foot and a sprained right ankle. I didn't go to the doctor the two other falls but I think I have sprained both my wrists because of trying to brace for the fall. But, pain is such a part of my life now that I am just getting used to it. I did have physical therapy Thursday and it went well but we had to take it easy.
Now for the good news. I have been discharged from speech therapy for 3 months. Dr Henri said she felt it was good to take a break and that if I need to come back I can at anytime. And we will see each other when I come in for PT. My fluency is not perfect but she has given me the tools to continue to work on that can help and my hope is that I will regain all my speech abilities in the three months and not need anymore speech therapy. But, I do still struggle with speech and she did say that I am not yet ready for a call center environment so my disability is not affected plus I continue to fall and that puts myself and others at risk so I am still considered disabled.

Now for more good news. Today was one of those special days. I got to go fishing with Cottia and Jason and a good friend came with us and brough his 4 year old son. We didn't catch many fish but it was just nice to be out and to sit in the chair around that beautiful pond and just relax. Plus I had two of my children with me. I loved every minute of it. I also told Jason that I want him to sit with us tomorrow in Church as a part of our family not by himself. He is joining the army and I just want to enjoy as much time as I can with him and I know it will be hard on the girls but it is the best for him and we have to let him go. He will come back as a man and will have a future and I think that is the best possible outcome for him. I am very proud of him.


Cottia has lost so many teeth now that the tooth fairy is going broke!! She is so cute with her toothless mouth and her cute smile. She enjoys fishing and she caught the biggest fish today and really had a good time. I also enjoyed all the time with her.

Next weekend I plan to spend time with Eva just me and her. I love my girls and our adopted boy so much that my heart is full of joy and pride with each of them.

Emily continues to be the main worker in the family and she is such a remarkable person for all she does. Mother, Wife, and friend.

Well, that is about it. Life goes on and I continue to pray God's blessings on each of you and that his will would be done in each of your lives.

t

No comments:

Post a Comment