Monday, January 9, 2012

Today is kind of a day off. I don't have therapy or counseling so I kind of get to do nothing but rest and my exercises for PT. But, this morning was a little different. There was a bomb threat at the Freshmen academy and the high school here in Swansea so I spent a great part of the morning worrying about my wife and what my child who is in the elementary school. I guess I just kept thinking to myself what kind of sick person would pull a prank like this. If you think this is cute then you are really crazy and the stress it puts on parents and kids is just not cute or even funny in the least. But, my wife did her job and the police and sherriff's department did as well and school resumed around 10:45 or so. From what I understand it was a pretty normal day other than that. It is very sad that there are people out there that would pull a prank like this or even worse that there are people that might go through with it.
I had some very intense chest pains as the morning developed and I am sure it was out of worry and frustration but honestly I don't think it was the bomb threat as much as it was the way the parents reacted. I understand the frustration and worry but there comes a point where we have to trust the people that we have put in charge that they are going to do the right thing and look out for our children and not put them in harms way. So, I ended up having to take my nitro today and the pains went away.
When the kids came home it was the usual with two little girls running around and laughing and just enjoying life. They make me life so wonderful. Emily was calm and relaxed and so life goes on.
I helped Cottia with her reading and Eva and I played a little with her dolls. She is my doll girl and Cottia is a little more out doors type. It is so interesting to me how different they are. Cottia is so cute with her teeth falling out and seeing her cute smile at this age is just priceless. My children keep me going.
Well, that is about it for another Monday. The chest pains are gone now and I feel pretty relaxed and I'm watching the national championship game. Well, tomorrow is Physical therapy and Wednesday is counseling and then physical therapy again on Thursday. So, the rest of the week is going to be pretty busy and I am glad because I know it helps keep me from getting depressed. I pray God's blessings on each of you and that his perfect will would be done in your lives.

t

No comments:

Post a Comment