Sunday, January 22, 2012

It has certainly been an interesting week. This is the first time that I remember falling twice. Once was Wednesday when I went to counseling. I know what happened in that case and there was no real damage. I did go to the urgent care but just some pain and soreness was all I suffered. I did have some tremors and they continue to disturb me as to exactly why and what causes them.
Then, today after Church, on the way out I fell down the handicapped ramp. I've been down that ramp many times and have had no trouble so I am not sure why it happened. At first I didn't think I had hurt myself very badly. But, my body feels pain later than normal. Right now, I am in a lot of pain. My chest really hurts and I do have some scrapes on the left elbow. I also have a headache but I think that is because of the tremors. They were far worse today than Wednesday. But, I also think that was because so many people saw the fall and that the sermon really touched me. I know I hold bitterness about certain issues that I have to let go of and to forgive which is usually not a problem for me but right now they are. So, I have to find a way to just let all of this go and who knows but maybe it will help towards healing and wholeness. I was helped by some tremendous people who got me in a chair and put blankets over me to keep me warm and even followed us home to make sure I got in until I could settle down. I was exhausted but I can only imagine how Emily and my girls must have felt. I know Eva was crying but she was also very caring and concerned. Cottia was her usual stalwart self and helped with my walker and both my girls have already seen too much for children their ages. My wife was also a rock and made sure I was comfortable. Right now it is the evening and my wrists hurt from where I tried to stop the fall but I don't think anything is broken. Probably some sprains but no breaks. So, another week but this time a little more dramatic.
Now, some fun stuff. Thursday morning Eva was harder than usual to get up. I think it was because she got to bed later than she is used too on Wednesday due to Awana's at the Church. So, when it got close to her bed time she grabbed my little finger and led me down the hall and said Daddy, I have to go to bed. I need my rest! I laughed but gladly put her in her crib. She knows to crawl up the side and I just help her get over. Then, I cover her up and we blow kisses. I must admit, she slept like a log. Friday, Cottia told me she needed an IPAD. I would not have any idea how to use one but she said she needed one so she could text her boyfriend about their dates!! But, at least she said she would need it when she was 18! My girls bring such great joy to my life that the fall are nothing compared to the joy they bring. My wife is a tower of strength and hope despite it all. She keeps going and I could do nothing without her.
Well, that is about it. Some laughter and some despair. But, that is life. It is as it always is my hope and prayer that God will richly bless your life each and every day with his rich mercy and grace.

t

No comments:

Post a Comment