Tuesday, March 8, 2011

Well, the last few days have certainly not been kind to the Taylor family. It started with Cottia. She started feeling bad over the weekend and had the most terrible cough. She also suffered from itching and was just miserable. We stayed home Sunday from Church as a family. Eva was not feeling well so we played hookie. Cottia spent most of the day in bed. Something she never does. Eva did seem to get better as the day went on. I felt like a freight train had hit me but it has passed. Then, yesterday I had Eva in the morning. We had some grocery shopping to do so we went to Food Lion. While there I got a call from Emily that she had twisted her ankle and was at the medical center in Swansea. I asked Eva if she wanted to buy mommy some flowers so we did and brought them to Emily. As it turns out Emily had a small fracture in her foot. She went back to work and Judy came and got Eva. I was back home and then Emily called that Cottia was sick. I called the doctor and made an appointment for that afternoon and took Cottia. She is impetigo (sp). Basically her little face is broken out and looks like small pox. She itches all over and has scratched so badly in areas that she was bleeding. Her eyes are all swollen and her face just looks like mosquitoes have eaten her alive. The doctor prescribed an antiobiotic which I filled. I called Judy to see if Eva could just stay with her as I knew I would have to take care of Emily and Cottia and I am still not up to speed. Today, we took Emily to an orthopedic doctor who did another x-ray and the break is not that bad. Emily has to wear a boot for a few weeks and if all goes well she should be back up and running in no time. In the mean time, I am still dealing with the botox and incontinence. I see the doctor myself tomorrow and worry what will happen. If I try to go back to work half days and something happens I don't get paid for the time I miss. If I stay out I get paid full disability as long as it is approved which that should not be a problem as there is simply no way to know when the botox will wear off. Then, there is the worry of my job. It is no longer secure but I have been reassured that it should not be a problem to place me when the botox does finally wear off. Honestly, I feel much better over all but I just have little to no control over my gastro area. Tomorrow will be one of the most important days in my life and one of the most difficult. I lean towards just staying out until the botox wears off and I know I can do my job but that would be a difficult return to work. I still feel trying to ease my way back part time is the way to go. I feel the doctor agrees but I won't know for sure until we speak tomorrow. Then, there are the people I work with. I mean how bad is it to have the person sitting next to you or on your row constantly releasing gas or even not able to control a bowel movement? I know I would not appreciate that. I have to consider that as well. I just hope I can sleep tonight. I have a lot on my mind.

For now, my wife and little girl have to come first. I feel so selfish even wondering about my own situation. If all this is a test, I certainly hope the Lord above has graded our exam and we have passed cause I'm not sure how many more questions we can answer.

No comments:

Post a Comment