Tuesday, March 29, 2011

I have now been transferred to a rehab hospital. Today was my first day and it was mostly to evaluate where I am and what they can do to help. I have been asked if I want to go on social security disability but have told them that I want to resume my life as best I can. It is very clear that my left side is weaker than my right but the upper left is stronger than my lower left. I am learning how to adjust but it is hard. The stuttering is much better and I hope it will clear up by the end of the week. I think one of the hardest thing for me to accept is this is all my mind telling my body not to work. So, I have to confince my mind that is can do all it used to do. I also have to wonder what triggered it and if it will happen again. So many questions. The ringing in my ears is really becoming unbearable. I just don't know why they cannot get that cleared up. I am tired and frustrated and just want to go home. But, I know my wife has enough to deal with right now and having half a husband is not an easy thing. I guess I am throwing a pity party tonight but I am just so sick of it all. I'll continue to blog as best I can and while I know it is going to get better I am so ready for all of this to be behind me. I still cling to my faith and family. I am blessed to have such a great support system and when I looked at the others who are here it really made me realize just how lucky I am. I can talk, I can walk, I can think and function on a much better level than most here so I have to focus on that and trust God has a plan and will see me through.

No comments:

Post a Comment