Wednesday, March 30, 2011

Another productive day. I am making great progress. I am able to shower and dress myself with supervision. Physical, occupational and speech therapy is going well. The stuttering is getting much better and I actually lifted my left foot about an inch off the floor which is a big accomplishment. I am tired and really miss my little ones but my wife is faithful to come by and see me and I do so look forward to her visits. It is interesting that the most frustrating thing is the ringing in my ears. It just does not go away and it seems to get worse. One thing I have also noticed is my stuttering and tremors are much worse when I am under stress so tomorrow I am starting therapy to deal with stress. I did find out today that they plan to send me home April 6th probably with a walker. After that, I will come for day therapy 3 times a week. We will have to work that out as I am not sure they will let me drive. So, the drama continues. The one thing that is so reassuring is how they treat me here. We are treated with respect and dignity which we greatly appreciate. Of all the things I miss the most the snuggles with my daughters is the worse. I can't wait to get back to being the daddy they deserve. We did get some good news today though my disability has been approved as a new claim so my benefits start over! That is great news! So, once again, we see God in control and how he is taking care of us!

No comments:

Post a Comment