Sunday, April 22, 2012

It has been an interesting week. My counselor in Columbia felt it best that I just get treatment in Charleston. I have certainly worked on a lot with her and will miss her greatly. I also feel I have made a lot of progress with her but she was so gracious in the way she handled thing and I know in the end all she wants is the best for me and that is probably going to be in Charleston. None the less it was hard to realize that I won't be going over there to see her weekly or even every other week. So, another chapter closes in the journey that I have been on but a new one has opened up and I am excited about that.

There really isn't a lot more to say about the week. The girls are doing well and Cottia's softball team continues to win even though they did lose a game last week. It was our first loss of the season. I have been blessed to go to the games and sit in the care but I can see all of the action so I don't miss anything. Cottia got a hit and on base in that game and she made a wonderful stop in the outfield to prevent the other team from scoring another run so she is really becoming quite the little softball player. Eva continues to grow and really loves her school. She is making friends and doing well. We were home one evening, I don't remember which one, but she looked at me and said "Daddy I have a booger in my nose." So, I told her to go get a tissue and blow her nose. She did and proudly came back around to my den and showed it to me. All I could do was laugh.

Saturday was my cousin's youngest childs birthday so I took the girls to the party. The had a great time and I had a lot of help and was able to sit most of the way through. But, on the way out of the party there is a drop off from the concret. It is more like an incline. Well, I fell. I really hurt my knees and fell backwards on my backside and it really hurt my tailbone. I think I have aggrevated the tailbone break. But, the doctor's have already told me there is nothing they can do so I just have to endure it.

Last night we took Jason out for supper. His mother came and so did a family friend of ours. We ate at Pedro's the Mexican restaurant here in Swansea. We had them do the little birthday thing they do which entails putting a Mexican somprao on him, banging a can and giving him fried ice cream. We all has a good time and he told us he was going to be able to come to church today which was great.

His mom came with him which was great for him. This mornings service was also unique and very interesting as we had a Messianic Jew conduct the service and conduct the Sedor service which is the Passover meal. I really enjoyed that and learning how it clearly points to Jesus and the Messiah prophisied in the old Testament.

Then came the moment of truth. Jason came out to the car to say goodbye to our family. He really showed the girls how much he loved them and he gave Emily a hug and showed her how much she had meant to him. Then, he came around to me. I felt like a part of me was leaving because I know what he will go through having been in the Navy and going through bootcamp myself. I told him how proud of him I was and how we will miss him. I told him that I could not be more proud of him than I am at this moment. I tried to hold my emotions in but it was hard and I did shed a tear. But, I know we are sending him off in God's hands and this is the best option for him and for his future. So, we let him go and then came home. It was a pretty normal Sunday afternoon from there. Cottia did have practice this afternoon so Eva and I watched a movie and tried to do a few things but it really wore me down and now I am really beginning to feel some pain so I am in my chair and resting.

So, that was it. I go back to Charleston May 1st for my next appointment. In the mean time I will try to stay as busy as I can and do as much as I can to keep my strength. Once again, I pray God's blessings on you all and that his grace will fall on you and give you peace.

Have a great week and God bless,

t

No comments:

Post a Comment