Wednesday, April 11, 2012

Well, it has almost been a week since I have blogged and a lot has happened but I will try to address the most important. First, was Good Friday, the girls had the day off and honestly, I don't remember much of what we did. But, Saturday we had our family get together at my cousin's house for Easter. It was great for the girls to get to spend time with that side of the family. I was sitting on the couch and when I tried to get up I did fall back on the couch but my cousin and some other guys were there and they helped me up and out to the car which was nice. We made our way home and got ready for Easter Sunday. We were leaving right after Church to come to Virginia for spring break. I feel really bad that my wife has to drive the entire way but she does and she never complains. Actually on Saturday Cottia had a softball game first thing in the morning. Her team won and is undefeated. I am able to go and park in the outfield so I can watch the game without having to get out and risk a fall. Then, we had an Easter egg hunt at our Church and the girls really enjoyed that before we headed to my cousins. In fact, Cottia found the golden egg and Eva found the silver egg so they both found the two most coveted eggs! I was so happy for them and proud at the same time.

There really isn't much to report on the trip. Tonight we went out to eat with Emily's dad and when we got home I fell coming in. I hurt my knee and the left side of my body is in a little pain but I am mostly tired which is normal given the tremors that always follow a fall. I stayed on the floor for about 10 minutes but thankfully, I don't feel pain like everyone else does so I am not in as much pain as most people would be.

It is always great to be up here. The girls always look forward to spending time with their grandmother and seeing their grandfather if he is up which he is this trip. I pretty much stay close to home but Emily and her mother take the girls out and they enjoy the time weather at the playground of if they take them somewhere that is a tourist attraction. Right now there are a lot of forest fires around so we have to keep an eye on that just to be safe. There are some places that are under evacuation orders but right now we are not.

Lord willing, we are coming home Saturday so we will have a day before they start school again and I go to Charleston next Tuesday for my first real treatment at MUSC.

So, that is about it. I'm tired from the fall but life goes on. I hope and pray God will bless each and everyone of you that reads this and that he will send his grace apon you. Have a great evening and take care.

t

No comments:

Post a Comment