Sunday, April 15, 2012

Well, it's Sunday and we are back home. We had a great trip even though I feel bad that Emily had to drive the entire way. She has had to do that now for several years. But, I am still hopefully that I will get back up and running. We got home last night and the girls did very well on the trip. We did make it to Church this morning but it was hard for me to sit on the Church pew. I fell twice in Virginia and one was backwards and I felt my back throbing and I think I probably aggrevated the broken tail bone. But, there isn't anything the doctors can do so there really isn't a reason to go to see the doctor.

I felt a little stronger today. But, am really tired now. The girls are at a birthday party with their mother but should be home shortly. I'm glad they have this time with her. I know it is important. My oldest has been very protective of me and last night told me she was so glad that I was her daddy and that she loved spending time with me. Needless to say she knows how to make my heart melt. I took her to my mother's farm before the party and we saw some newly hatched geese. They were so cute and she really enjoyed seeing them.

I think one thing that is bothering me is I am beginning to realize that I may never sing like I used to. I don't really try in Church anymore and when I try on my own the voice is just not there. Music has identified who I was for so long that I don't know how I am going to deal with this realization if the voice is really gone. Our Church does not really do the type of music I like to sing but they have been great about asking me to sing. I just don't feel comfortable and am really scared that my tremors would take over so I allow the fear to take over and am afraid to even try.

None the less, life goes on even if I can't sing. My speech seems better and I begin treatments in Charleston this week. Jason is going with me. He got his drivers permit this week and it will be good to spend the time with him. He leaves next Monday for boot camp and I'll admit, I will miss him greatly. He has done so much for us and really has become a part of our family. So, a part of us will go with him and he will always have our prayers and best wishes.

My youngest said today that God spoke to her this morning and he is coming to visit in 24 hrs and he wants mac and cheese and pumpkin pie! Well, I guess we have to get ready for a very important visit! Cottia's "boyfriend" wrote her a note today and simply said he loves Cottia and Swamp People....well, I guess he will fit in our family just fine if their relationship holds!

Well, that is about it. As always, I pray God's richest blessings on you all and that you will have a great week. May his grace fall over you and give you all peace.

t

No comments:

Post a Comment