Tuesday, April 17, 2012

Today was a day I had been looking forward to for sometime. I had my first session in Charleston. Jason went with me so I did not go alone. He was great company and it gave me the opportunity to be with him before he leaves for bootcamp on Monday. He will be in training over the weekend but we are hoping to get to do something with him Saturday evening. We will have to see if he can get there. He is going to check with his recruiter tomorrow and let us know.

The session went very well. I was having some tremors and my speech started off rough but once I settled down it got better. We talked about a lot of things and I truly believe the doctor down there can do a lot of good for me. One thing she said that was to my advantage was that she did not have to coax me to talk. It was obvious that I wanted to talk and that is always good. She did say that there will be days when I leave mad or frustrated because we are really going to have to deal with some very deep issues and it might get tough. She also said there may come a time when I have to choose between coming to Charleston or sticking with my counselor in Columbia but that is nothing to worry about right now. We will just have to see how things go. That would be hard for me because I really do love my counselor here but also know that the neuro psychiatrist is going to be good for me as well. I believe Charleston is the place where I can make the most progress if it comes to that but I hope it doesn't so we will see how all that turns out.

In the mean time, I will pray and leave that in God's hands and allow him to work. I am glad to be back home. I'm tired both physically and emotionally but it is good to be home and in my own chair.

So, life goes on. But, I do think I am going to see some progress and make some improvements. But, it is going to get dirty and there will be things I don't want to face but God has put me in this place at this time in my life so I can deal with them and heal so I can better serve him.

I pray God's blessings on you all and that his mercy and grace will fall on you all. Have a great evening.

t

No comments:

Post a Comment