Tuesday, May 1, 2012

I haven't posted in a while but wanted to tonight. Today was another session in Charleston. My mom and her husband took me for which I am very grateful. It was certainly an adventure to say the least. On the way down we went the back roads which is the way I like to go but Vance decided to pass a car in Holly Hill and he was pulled. Fortunently the policeman only gave him a warning ticket. Then, as we got into Charleston, I got confused and we got lost which hightened my stress level. Finally, we found the correct building and I made my way in. I had to use the restroom and as I was coming out I was in a hurry so I pulled the door really fast. I don't remember a great deal of detail after that but I hit the floor. Their floors are not carpeted but are brick so it was a very hard fall. The tremors then started and the security guard called the medics. They wanted to take me to the emergency room for x-rays but I refused because I didn't think I was hurt very bad. So, they brought me a wheel chair and my counselor came and got me and we had a shortened session but we did get it in. I have fallen three times including today's since I've seen my Dr. in Charleston so we addressed the events leading up to the falls which I think is very important and so does she. Then as I wheeled out and got out of the wheelchair my lower back was numb. That was a first. I have hurt my lower back but I have never had it go numb. When the medics were examining me they commented that I had some fluid build up in my left knee and as the afternoon went on I noticed that the pain had moved up my leg a bit. It is not unusual for me to feel pain until much after the event that caused the pain has happened. So, I'll keep an eye on it and may go to the urgent care in Swansea either tomorrow or Thursday if it continues. One other thing I would like to mention. I have had to say goodbye to my counselor here in Columbia. It was one of the hardest things I have ever done. She was always there for me and guided me with good advice and love. I know we will remain friends and will keep in touch but it won't be a counselor/client relationship so, in a way, it may end up being a deeper relationship than before. None the less, I am forever grateful to her for all she did and my new counselor in Charleston acknowledged just how hard that had to have been for both of us. So, I am going from good hands to good hands all the while God is guiding my steps so I know I am in his will. Thank you Father for allowing both these women to be a part of my life when it is such a difficult time. You are my rock and I stand in the unshakable ground and give you praise and glory for opening a new door and keeping the old door open just with a different path. May your name be forever praised and glorified.

On some more positive notes. My oldest child is riding a 5 game hitting streak on her softball team!! I am so proud of her and our team has only lost 1 game!!

My youngest continues to be a mess. I told her the other night that she was so pretty. She looked at me and said "I know." Well, I really love the self confidence.

My wife continues to be the rock and works very hard as our family continues to go through this. Right at this moment I am sore and tired. But, I have survived another fall and continue to be grateful to God for all he has done. I'm sorry to all those who read these blogs for not blogging more often. I'll try to do better.

Finally, I pray God's richest blessing on each of you and that his mercy will fall like rain on you and give you peace.

t

No comments:

Post a Comment