Sunday, August 8, 2010

Aug 8 2010

The reality of what I am facing is really beginning to hit me now. Tonight we went to a cook out at my God daughter's. There were hamburgers hotdogs, chili, chips, sodas, watermellon, cookies and sweet tea. As I watched everyone eat I began to realize that these days are going to be behind me. Oh, I may enjoy a burger with no bun and even a chip or two but for the most part these days will be over. That is what I will miss the most. I love going through the line and fixing my burger with chips, potatoe salad, sodas and what ever else is available. After the procedure my stomach will just not be able to handle it. I think about going out to eat with my wife and childen and how my life will change. So many adjustments and yet so much potential to improve my health and quality of life. Is it worth it? Most would say yes and I think I am in that catagory. but, it is still hard.

tomorrow, I work 8-8 so I can save time for the rest of the year. Tuesday, I have my coroded artery study and the mri to determine if I have blood clots. Also, I have to meet with the dietitian again and attend a class about the procedure and life after. Next Monday I meet with the surgeon again then the filter is put in aug 26. It will be here before I know it. Life is changing but change is good......right???

No comments:

Post a Comment