Wednesday, May 23, 2012

Today's blog

Well, it has been since May 8th since I've posted a blog. But, I decided to do one today. Speech seems to still be a struggle. Some days are better than others but if any kind of stress comes on me the speech issues raise up again. Also, I continue to have tremors. But, I had not fallen since my last visit to Charleston even though I have stumbled a time or two at home and thought I was going down, I was able to stop it before hitting the floor. That is until today. Today was my youngest daughter's pre-school graduation so I went to that. My mother is in the hospital so I was dealing with some very emotional issues including realizing that I will probably not have any more children. Especially given my health. Jason is off to boot camp so I worry about him and Cottia is winding down with her first grade year. All of that I think is what led to the fall today. I had gone to the medical center in Swansea because my left knee was a little swollen and painful from the last fall in Charleston. But, I didn't go today. Pain always seems to set in for me after a while instead right away like most people. Today's fall was in the hallway at First Baptist Church where Eva attended preschool. Maw Maw had already gotten her out so she didn't see it which was good because she gets very upset when she sees me fall. So, I had to allow the tremors pass before I could get up and head home. The men of the Church helped me out and I was able to get home and spent the rest of the day not doing anything. I am tired and noticed that I really scraped my left knee to the point of bleeding. There is also some pain in my left thigh but I will see how it goes for a few days and see how it goes. If I am in major pain then I'll go sooner. The knee is a bit swollen but I can bear it.

Eva was so cute today in her dress and the way she sang and did her motions for the program. It is really hard to believe the year is over and my baby is growing up so fast. Cottia is also doing very well in school and I could not be more proud.

Well, that is all I'm going to write goday. I'm tired and sore and just want to rest and hope not to fall again anytime soon. So, I pray God will richly bless you all and give you grace and peace throughout the day. Have a great night and day tomorrow!

t

No comments:

Post a Comment