Sunday, July 25, 2010

Sunday July 25 2010

Good evening. I decided to start a blog about my weight loss journey. First, let me introduce myself. I am 47 years old with two children and a beautiful wife. I began gaining weight soon after we were married 10 years ago. Weight has been a constant battle for me most of my life. There were times I had it under control and other times it had me under control. I like to eat. I like to go out. I enjoy a good time. But, in March I decided I had to take control of my life. I weighed in at 346lbs and was rapidly approaching 350. The doctors told me if I didn't do something the next 10 years would be very tough on me. You see, I already had a heart attack and knew life was slipping away from me. I could not stand the thought of leaving my wife to raise our two children and I also could not stand the thought of my health getting so bad she had to take care of me as well. So, I decided to take control. I attended a bariatric surgery seminar and began a high protein diet. I waffled on which surgery would be best for me but in the end decided on the lap band. Since March I have lost 41lbs on my own but have decided to go ahead with the procedure. I feel it will help me with the rest I want to lose. I will post my thoughts and progress on this site and hope it will help others especially dads who need some help. Let's get healthy for ourselves but most of all for our families!

2 comments:

  1. Congrats on your first blog and your goal! You are your children's hero!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Being on the same journey myself I understand the desire and motivation. On my journey I've done a lot of research and learned to take small steps. Set small goals and reward yourself for each one reached. Since March 8 I myself have lost 40 lbs with at least 35 more to go, and don't get discouraged when you hit a plateau because you will eventually pull through. Keep up the hard work!

    ReplyDelete